Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Justified Conscience

Daily Draw: Ancient Egyptian Tarot ~ Justice

Ma'at, truth, conscience, fairness, karma, guilt...where do we stand from one moment to the next? What about accidental sin vs. deliberate sin? Is a sin in Myanmar a sin in Zaire? Do we really bear the sins of our fathers and pay the price twice? What about a childless person, who recarries their sins? Do the unforgiven all burn forever or does the little kid who stole the candy bar burn less time along side the rape and pillagist? What if the Catholics or JW's are right and it doesn't matter how good or bad, the rest of us are going to burn anyway...

I'm reminded by this card, as always, to hoe my own row.

"To sin is a human business, to justify sins is a devilish business." ~ Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy 1828-1910

1 comment:

  1. My husband asked a fellow business man (who is Jewish) if he believed in hell. He said they believed that everyone was going to heaven. My husband asked, "How can y'all get away with that?" He jokingly said, "Because we're the Chosen People!"
    I suppose we all would like to be the "chosen ones." I can only do the best I can, and make amends and corrections when needed. I think the more I concentrate on "now" instead of how I'll be rewarded or punished in the future, will help me stay on a spiritual path.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn