Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Matrimony

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Gnomes ~ 6 of Cups

A number of sources contend there are three subjects that can make or break a union, yet oddly all three are irrelevant to a relationship if satisfactory, they don't even blip the radar.
Money, Sex, Relatives...in any order.

I'm reminded by this card after forty years of marriage I believe it. Something else I believe is it matters not what age you are or how long you've known each other, it bears no relation to how long or strong a union is. Age doesn't make us think any more clearly than youth when it comes to love, perhaps the opposite because we think we've learned our lessons.

"Matrimony, - the high sea for which no compass has yet been invented" ~ Heinrich Heine 1797-1856

1 comment:

  1. Forty years?! I'm impressed. I do have to agree about the "big three" and marriage...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn