Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pink

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Gnomes ~ Death

I forgot to bring my deck to the farm with me, so I did a complicated series of coin tosses to narrow down my draw of the day, then grabbed the resulting image from an online source. Which is very much like who gets cancer. The ones who seem most likely to get it due to lifestyle choices keep going along, safe as houses, and someone who has made healthy choices at every option is walking around in a wig taking radiation every morning at 9 AM. What rat flipped their coin?

I'm reminded just how often life is a big fat crap-shoot and it makes my teeth grind. I'm reminded when we get a wake-up call how little the things we just had to buy matter. And I'm reminded that just yesterday morning I said I was sick and tired of the pink ribbon bandwagon lemmings on every damn product you see. And two hours later I find yet one more good friend has breast cancer.

"My veins are filled, once a week with a Neapolitan carpet cleaner distilled from the Adriatic and I am as bald as an egg. However I still get around and am mean to cats." ~ John Cheever 1912-1982

"We need cancer because, by the very fact of its incurability, it makes all other diseases, however virulent, not cancer." ~ Gilbert Adair 1944-

1 comment:

  1. May your friend find all the strength she needs to meet this challenge...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn