Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Recognizing An Opportunity

Daily Draw: Shakespearian Tarot ~ Ace of Coins

A ways back on Quirkeries I titled a card One of Coins. An odd brain blip; I knew One didn't sound right but for that moment I couldn't conceive tarot ones being called Aces. A prime example for not recognizing something right in front of me.

I'm reminded by this Ace quite often opportunity goes by, even knocks, and we don't see the option. Or we think following the crumb trail will be more effort that we are willing to expend. Shame, that; depending on luck rather than seizing opportunity...

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it looks like work." ~ Thomas Alva Edison 1847-1931

The Shakespearian Tarot by Delores Ashcroft-Nowicki, illustrations by Paul Hardy, Originally published 1993 by Aquarian Press, my set is 1997 by Diamond Books, re-issued currently by U.S. Games Systems in 2008. The cards are all based on a scene or character from 28 different William Shakespeare plays. The courts are titled Lady, Lord, Queen, King, the suits are Swords Crowns Orbs Sceptres.

Adam McLean has an interesting PDF section in his study course about the similarities and differences in the four different Shakespeare decks here.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I focus so intently on the door I think is supposed to open (that is closed), I fail to see the windows and doors that are open.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn