Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Change The Same

Daily Draw: Oracle of the Dreamtime ~ Butterfly

From the book; if you take a rock from the beach and drop it in the water, it goes from being a beach rock to becoming a water rock, right? Still the same rock though.

This card makes me wonder, as I daily work toward being a better person, am I really any different than I was 40 years ago? I may know more but that's about it. How depressing, a rock is a rock is a rock.

"In a real dark night of the soul, it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald 1896-1940

2 comments:

  1. A caterpillar becomes a cocoon, becomes a butterfly. The same yet different. A much better analogy than a rock don't you think? To my way of thinking you are a soaring butterfly
    Best wishes
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my worldview, we all have a diamond within, that is hidden in layers of matrix. We keep chipping away, year by year, and eventually the diamond becomes visible. Don't think we ever become totally free of the matrix, but if we keep at it our true nature will shine through.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn