Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Conveniently Blind

Daily Draw: Shakespearian Tarot ~ 2 of Wands

The pleasure of two heads working better than one.
The danger of one of those heads being a bully.
The strength of a team.
Vs. the too narrow vision of one person.
The balance of two viewpoints.
Vs. the invisible if-I-don't-say-anything-I-can't-be-blamed lurker syndrome.

I'm reminded by this card of the monkey wrench I observed yesterday because one person never takes into consideration what other peoples lives involve. How hard is it to just ask?

"Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr. 1929-1968

1 comment:

  1. This is something I tried to get through to a few people, and I was mocked for it. At the same time, there's a lesson in it for me, because I lost my temper one time too many, not thinking about the person on the receiving end (because I was still upset and feeling defensive).

    Your other question about people allowing certain things ties into all of this... I can't believe that, at my age, I'm still finding myself dealing with certain things.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn