Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dark Road

Daily Draw: Haindl Tarot ~ Hierophant

It is dark, there is one bright star, the rune is journey, the figure is looking to the past. Yes, I'm leaving shortly, for a place I've been yearning for, that I haven't visited in twenty-four years. Do you suppose the waitress will remember us?

I'm reminded by this card that some things don't change much over time, and that is a good thing. To touch bases with the past shows instead, how far we've traveled. Again, a good, if bittersweet, thing.

"I haven't a clue as to how my story will end. But that's all right. When you set out on a journey and night covers the road, you don't conclude the road has vanished. And how else could we discover the stars?" ~ Nancy Willard 1936-

1 comment:

  1. I will be curious to see if your perception of those people and places has changed. Kind of like when my teenage daughter went with her nephews to the old play park she used to go to and enjoy. She said it all seems so much smaller now.... :)
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn