Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Door Or Wall?

Daily Draw: Buckland Romani Tarot ~ 9 of Swords

An itinerant knife sharpener. As evinced by the walls and doorway, he has the option to stay permanently in place or continue on the road.

Having done both options I envy neither; there are benefits and drawbacks with either. Satisfaction in work comes down to personality I think. Are you cozy or claustrophobic within corporate confines? Are you all loose ends or fly like an arrow when left to your own devices? And were we born with that personality or did we grow it? Yesterday's card showed the inveterate entrepreneur outsider in me, I will always choose the door.

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche 1844-1900

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I think I'm a "fly like an arrow" type of gal when left to my own devices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect that there's both nature and nurture in such choices, as with most things. I'll also go with fly like an arrow when left to my own devices :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely claustrophobic within corporate confines, been there, done that. The freedom to roam is magnificent, be it geographical, literary, or culinary :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn