Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Should We?

Daily Draw: Oracle of the Dreamtime ~ Sydney Harbor Bridge

Now here's a card to put me to the test, what in the world can I intuit about a modern bridge? Subtitled Structure, Technology, Achievement. I expect some of our structures are based on what we see working in nature, honeycomb, beaver dam, anthill. Few man made structures stand the test of time, the real marvels were all made from natural substances...now there's a thought I can get behind.

I'm reminded by this card, and the Burj Khalifa as just one example of one of my favorite quotes: They were so busy knowing they could they forgot to think if they should. Jeff Goldblum, Jurassic Park 1993

1 comment:

  1. That quote reminds me of the time I came home for lunch (during the summer) and found that the boys had pulled the trampoline over to the side of the house so they could jump off the roof onto it. "We thought it would be fun," they said. Uh huh...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn