Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Towering Change

Daily Draw: Haindl Tarot ~ Tower

At 17, Hermann Haindl was captured and held as a prisoner of war in Russia for four years. As a Tower event you know it had to color and shape everything in the rest of his life. I find it interesting, or perhaps telling, the runes he used (upper right corner of the majors) are the Frisian set, the first to have a negative letter. Yr is err, mistake, wrong.

I'm reminded by this card there are two types of Tower moments, self-inflicted, intentionally or unintentionally, and those that come upon us via outside forces. Either way, our mental cogs lurch and life changes. After all, life in a nutshell is change. To deny change is Yr.

"The world of pretend is a cage, not a cocoon" ~ Sindre Bjerga/Jan-M Iversen

2 comments:

  1. Are Frisian runes the same as what people call the Anglo-Saxon rune?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, one and the same. I'm looking forward to using my Haindl rune cards next week! I can't remember if they are Farthark or Frisian, will be interesting to see~

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn