Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Turning My Inside To The Outside

Daily Draw: Celtic Wisdom Tarot ~ World

I blush to admit this deck is one I forgot I had and have never used on Quirkeries. A real signal of too much 'stuff' and poor stewardship of my finances and belongings. The good news is sitting beside me I have a 2'X3'X2' stack of decks for my spring clear out. That is a lot of decks and a lot of flinging.

I'm reminded by this World card, subtitled the Protector, usually the first thought when it comes up is Happy Days Are Here Again, I'll win the lottery and live in a gorgeous house and never ever catch another cold as long as I live. Utopia...all left up to fate and falala magic. Never Happen. The good life is built with lots of small daily decisions you'd never think of as the crux of that Happy Days world. Decisions and actions that keep my life simple and my heart and face to the light. That Protector is inside us. Is it nurturing body mind soul? Or stomping the carp out of body mind soul with your approval? Hence the setting free of so many things this month, all done thoughtfully but keeping the Good World in my sights.

"The whole world and it's conditions has it's counterpart within us all. Turn the gaze inward. Correct yourself and your world will change." ~ The Seed - Kristin Zambucka.

This week I'm using The Celtic Wisdom Tarot, 144 page hardcover book by Caitlin Matthews, art by Olivia Rayner, 1999 Destiny Books edition. The Majors are retitled, the courts renamed Woman/Warrior/Queen/King, the suits each correspond to one of the four seasons, each with its own story to tell. The renamed suits are: Swords=Battle, Wands=Skill, Cups=Art, and Coins=Knowledge. The cards are relatively large at 5.5 inches X 3.5 inches with art in the naive style.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post and lovely card... All that "stuff" only brings me fleeting happiness; I'd rather have joy and peace...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn