Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Base Of All Coins

Daily Draw: Thousand And One Nights Tarot ~ Ace of Coins

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would you agree the Chariot, 6 of Wands, and 4 of Coins are the only cards which on the surface allude directly to worldly success? I can take all 78 cards and find a correspondence to a single subject because it's all about the query isn't it? But here I have no query, I read the card for what it's worth in my mind each morning. High five to the original Waite-Smith deck and it's innovation of scenic minors for keeping it real.

I'm taught by this beautiful card when all that glitters in the world drops away we still have the world. The real one. We should start from that foundation each day.

"There something wrong with society that's making us so pressurized, we cannot live without guarding ourselves against it." ~ John Lennon 1940-1980

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, and a lovely reading of it. The carpet of wild flowers looks so much richer and more varied than the sterile, but ostentatious building. Ah, to stop and smell the flowers every day...
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card. I have and like this deck though find it a little ambiguous for reading. As for worldly success, agree about the Chariot though have seen it present as ambition gone wrong and am with you on the 6. Have never seen the the 4 as a card of success however and would probably add the 3 of Pents, as well as the 9 and possibly a couple of other cards as well though to me they all define success in slightly different things. This is what I love about Tarot, though - that it speaks to each of us in its own way!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn