Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Contemplation

Daily Draw: Magical Forest Tarot ~ 2 of Wands

Is he confused or just lost in contemplation? Is he working toward a thoughtful choice or using a magic 8 ball to decide?

I'm reminded by this card I only know my own personality, which is highly inclined to go overboard when it's something I enjoy. I love my computer. Couple that with my personality I could easily be one of the millions walking down the street staring at my Blackberry while listening to an MP3. Or behind the wheel of a car, doing the same thing. I've drawn the line. It's a technical line...I have three computers after all...and live with being on-call 24 hours a day...But my choice was no texting, no phone computer. And I limit my on-line time to no more than two hours a day. It didn't used to be that way...but being on the commonsense side of that line leaves a lot of life left over for living and doing rather than inert staring.

"I've learned to be quiet enough to hear the genuine within myself so I can hear it in others." ~ Marian Wright Edelman 1939-

3 comments:

  1. I think he's going to toss the pearl into the water and see if it floats or sinks (divining what he should do); it would be better than Googling it... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I love your post today because I have recently entered a phase in my life where moderation and balance have become so crucial not just to my intellectual and emotional survival, but physical also. I wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog earlier today- you have no idea how much your words meant and how much you positively impacted my day! Thank you again, and I look forward to reading more of your blog. Your writing is great!

    Ashley@TenderloinTextiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Limiting your on-line time sounds eminently sensible. In fact, I read something today about people getting Facebook anxiety and the more time they spend on Facebook, the more likely they are to have the anxiety...

    As for our froggy friend, he seems so much calmer than other versions of this card. I imagine him dropping the globe over the side just to watch the ripples, dedicating it to whatever deity he believes in.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn