Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Could We? Would We? Were They?

Daily Draw: Thousand and one nights tarot ~ King of Swords

I wonder if the badly thought of kings through history were bad by choice or would have been bad at most things? Bad being poor leaders or just plain evil.

I'm reminded by this card how easy it is to judge someone's life when all we know without deeper study is their Top Ten list. I think I'll use my King of Swords intellect today and see what I can come up with as Sharyn's Top Ten list of quirks and qualities. I'll bet history would judge me poorly too. And if we each had all the power and funds at our disposal would we do any better than we have? Could we be leaders?

"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." --Sarah Palin, She who would be king... after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show, Nov. 24, 2010

2 comments:

  1. I vote to send She Who Would Be King to Ubandakistan as ambassador (yes, I know it's not a real country, but she won't know that - just put her on the plane). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with the previous comment from "the sycamoretree".

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn