Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Courting Gods and Devils

Daily Draw: Celtic Wisdom Tarot ~ 3 of Coins

In this card we see Amairgin making a promise to the three Goddesses of Ireland in return for a successful invasion. The accord was reached, the Mil's were successful, the Tuatha De Danann became the Sidhe, and Ireland's alternate name became Erie.

I see so many things wrong with this whole concept as to be gobstopped. The Tuatha De Danann weren't tin-pot dictators waving WMD's at the population. Why would the Goddesses acquiesce to the Mil's proposal? What this card really reminds me of is the phrase "God Bless America". The Creator I know is universal, where did the idea come from, and stick, that we would be singled out as oh so precious and special? I cringe from the potential lightening strike every time I hear the phrase.

Borders are scratched across the hearts of men
By strangers with a calm, judicial pen,
And when the borders bleed we watch with dread
The lines of ink across the map turn red." ~ Marya Mannes 1904-1990

1 comment:

  1. I guess if we're arrogant enough to believe we are the "chosen blessed" then it's easier to rationalize invading another country, because we know not only what's best for us, but what's best for everyone else.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn