Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

When I Wasn't Looking

Daily Draw: Enchanted Tarot ~ Queen of Swords

You could say independent and strong willed, or you could say stubborn and egotistical. The tarot courts are one-dimensional by design, a bit like Asperger's syndrome candidates if you will, which makes them sometimes hard to love or bond with.

I'm reminded by this card of becoming. I think I've mentioned this before, but if we think of our dominant personality traits at 20 years old and then zoom forward 20 years, and 20 more, we most often see what were traits or quirks are now set in stone, only more so, the good, the bad, and the ugly. It takes a lot of work and constant vigilance for anyone to maintain a middle road, if you know someone who is doing it, admire them. Pity me if you will, I became this Queen when I wasn't looking.

"First learning then working, to the exclusion of friendship.
One minded and narrow, to a depth never seen.
A gulf holds me far from the mind of all others.
Confused where I fit in; somewhere in between." ~ Introspection, Adrian Flynn

1 comment:

  1. Ah, a queen I often resemble. Like her, I have a good BS detector and don't mind calling people on their stuff. I also tend to be a bit blunt when getting my point across or saying how I feel (though I've tried to work on this without becoming a gooey gush-bucket).

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn