Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Nature and priorities

Daily Draw: Moon Oracle ~ Volcano

I drew this card before I turned on the computer and saw the tsunamis racing across the Japanese headlands.
  • My first thoughts on Volcano was how quickly real priorities can be sorted out within seconds of being in the path of natural events of epic proportions.
  • How everyday heroes appear everywhere and give a faint ray of hope that humankind hasn't quite yet lost the chance of redemption.
  • How quickly our dark side arises and people rush out to gather and hoard essential necessities.
"If some great catastrophe is not announced every morning, we feel a certain void. Nothing in the paper today, we sigh." ~ John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton 1834-1902

2 comments:

  1. It does put things in perspective...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a terrible tragedy in Japan.....
    you have won the little pink stitched pillow in my give away Marlene, I need your postal details, karen

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn