Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Know When To Hold Them

Daily Draw: Moon Oracle ~ Mansion 20 Precipice

And know when to fold them, this is the gambler card. I'm never impetuous, oh no; I'm prone to spontaneous leaps, whole nother world, right?

I'm reminded by this card how differently the doer and the watcher can view a subject. A little forethought never hurt anybody did it? Yet if no one took the leap we'd still be where we were 3000 years ago, right?

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discrete and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint." ~ Hesiod 700 BC

2 comments:

  1. The first thing I noticed about this card was how one foot was on solid ground and the other was posed over the air. But then I realized he had wings, so even if he took the plunge, he wouldn't go splat. Very much like me - I'll take a risk but I want to already have a detailed "Plan B." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this post hilariously dry and witty - thank you! The quote is also superb. As for the figure having wings, as chicks prove, having them and knowing how to use them aren't always the same thing...

    I tend to like to experiment but in small ways. However, sometimes it's a question of you're in or you're out. Decisions can suck, but not deciding is also a choice, though some seem to try to deny that.

    Plenty of food for thought, thanks again!
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn