Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Nightmare Awake

Daily Draw: Enchanted Tarot ~ 9 of Swords

I'm quoting from the book because it is so well phrased. "... she becomes the victim of her own thoughts, and like a martyr repeatedly impales herself on their hurtful points. Her eyes are closed because she cannot bear to look at these fears when she is awake."

I'm reminded by this card why I don't take a newspaper and don't have a TV, and how I speed read the headlines on my home page, selectively choosing to follow up headlines that are actually news of the world rather than screamers which would only reconfirm my grim view of humankind. I recognize that my blog often darkly reflects that viewpoint. I wish I didn't know how black the soul of humans can willingly become. My eyes are closed because I cannot bear to look at these fears when I am awake.

"I don't think they'd let someone like me carry a gun." ~ Leonard Shelby, Memento

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn