Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sacred Space

Daily Draw: Magical Forest Tarot ~ 9 of Coins

How often do you physically and mentally stop to smell a rose? Marvel at the pattern in a bird's wing? Pick up an agate and hold it to the light? Admire the movement of a single leaf in a breeze and then be astounded to think just how many leaves there are in the world?

I'm reminded by this card the most sacred space in the world is not some building where we put on our holy face for the public, but is anywhere, anywhere we take the time to appreciate nature.

"See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls." ~ Mother Teresa, Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu 1910-1997

1 comment:

  1. Funny that you made this post today, as I've been out digging in the yard since daybreak. I found I kept stopping to watch an earthworm I'd unearthed, stopping to listen the catbird (who was eyeing that worm), and stopping to smell the tea olives that are blooming. The one place I really slow down and appreciate what's around me is when I'm in the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn