Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

What She Said...

Daily Draw: Celtic Wisdom Tarot ~ 2 of Wands

Communication, the mixed blessing. The police will be the first to tell us, if there are ten witnesses, there are ten different stories. A tool marriage or family counselors use is have one party make a statement, have the other partner then say what they heard. Usually, they might as well have been in different buildings as across from each other.

I'm reminded by this card the world and all its workings do not exist in a vacuum. Human differences will always muddy an issue. If I can listen with my ears and my heart, and not just my mind I will better hear what others are saying rather than what I'm thinking. It's only fair.

"Listen to me slowly." ~ Samuel Goldwyn 1884-1970

2 comments:

  1. Good quote. I think sometimes we are so busy thinking about what we are going to say when the other person stops talking, that we don't pay attention very well to what is being said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first added Quirkeries to a reader because I was intrigued by the art work of the cards, but in a quick scan of two weeks worth I remembered that I came here first for the cards them selves, but now read the words and just glance at the cards themselves. From now on I am hoping to remember, and find time, to do both!

    I often repeat today's quote, but should listen to it myself sometimes!

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn