Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Are We Amazons?

Daily Draw: Ancient Feminine Wisdom ~ Penthesilea

Women warriors. I've hunted. Deer and Elk...did it take strength? Yes. Did it take courage, not a bit. Killing with a gun isn't courageous, only efficient. Have I known courage? Yes, in hindsight. I tackled a shoplifter in a huge mall. I held a pistol on a drunk who in the middle of the night had buried his car in my new lawn. I got married...and stayed married. I took on training uncivilized puppy mill dogs. I think in public here each morning. I chose to be self-employed.

I'm reminded by this card if I had to sit down and think about doing any of those things, I wouldn't have done them. Too scary. Too much work. Too much effort. Perhaps that is why our most courageous moments come with the least thought and stay to help us carry through.

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel 1883-1971

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sharyn,
    I've been reading your daily card for a while now, but just had to say hi after your post today...
    I think that you are very courageous to post everyday, and I enjoy your candor and your intelligent insights!
    Thank you,
    Johanne (from eastern Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 years ago you wouldn't have heard a boo out of me, let alone under my real name. I'm long over that ego driven fear. Let life rip...thanks for stopping by, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn