Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

On Being Less Fettered...

Daily Draw: Ancient Feminine Wisdom ~ Charities

This is a many layered card but I'll cut to what the celebration of Aglaea, Euphrosyne, and Thalia means to me today. I've made a huge forward step toward my goal of downsizing my personal belongings this week by flinging 54 listings on Ebay, most in groups. Every single listing has sold or has bids. Am I happy? I am over the moon.

Until three years ago I made a good portion of my income on ebay, then I went on to other things so I'm way out of the Ebay loop. I had a question about insurance a few days ago and went to the discussion boards to ask for help. While I was waiting I read two or three pages in a couple of the forums. And I was suddenly struck with why my listings were so successful and so many long time sellers were moaning about little or no sales. It is because I took to heart something of Rick Levine's I read on March 16. "Staying detached from the outcome creates enough sacred space for an original solution to magically unfold". I just let go.

I've been just as pleased with the .99 cent sale as the $500.00 sale, because I truly detached myself from the weight of what I paid which allowed myself to let them go. I'm celebrating the release of letting go mentally as well as physically. A business person has to have a mark-up...but this business is soul work and price doesn't come into it.

"In fact, we moderns meet most of our needs, wants, and desires through money. We buy everything from hope to happiness. We no longer live life. We consume it." ~ Joe Dominguez 1938-1997 (Your Money or Your Life)

1 comment:

  1. Great quote by Levine. Congratulations on your Ebay sales!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn