Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Potential

Daily Draw: Ancient Feminine Wisdom ~ Eurynome

I can't imagine anything more interesting or exciting that to have been able to watch the early formations of our big blue marble. Dark from day, land from air, flora and fauna appearing... And then the one mistake...humankind.

Billions of years later and we are still schlepping along without a clue, reactive rather than proactive. After we've wiped ourselves off the map perhaps in another billion years this planet will finally be allowed reach it's potential.

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." ~ Marcus Aurelius Antoninus 121-180

3 comments:

  1. I've always envied the astronauts who were able to see the earth from space - what a humbling experience that must be. I think we are so disconnected from nature and the earth that we forget that she is a part of us and we are a part of her, and what we do to her we also do to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit bleak, isn't it, our current situation. I'm lucky I live in an alternative community with organic shops, naturopaths and creative people, but it only takes one visit to the mall to remind me how most people live. Still, there are a lot of good things happening and I try to focus on those. But as someone said recently, we live in the age of ugliness. Maybe it's why I plant flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. I sound like the grimest grim person there every was...it's people I'm so disenchanted with, the world I love and hold all hope for it's renewal one day.

    thanks for stopping by!
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn