Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Tip Of The Iceberg

Daily Draw: Songs For The Journey Home ~ 4 of Coins

Poor guy, he has fallen asleep at his desk, all worn out from figuring his rates of interest and growth on his money. He has tried to shut himself off from the world with multiple door locks which crack me up. Locks only keep out honest people, they are no deterrent to a thief at all.

I'm reminded by this card that great wealth is also a burden, not just all about pleasure; great wealth takes work to manage and brings responsibilities and worries also. The impression we gain looking in the window is just a tip of a iceberg.

"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money." ~ Pablo Picasso 1881-1973

I've switched decks to Songs For The Journey Home. The deck is out of print and the website is even gone so I have nothing to link my sidebar to. It is one of my top 10 decks and has carried me through some rough times in the past. By Catherene Cook of New Zealand and Dwariko Von Sommaruga, deceased.

2 comments:

  1. He forgot to put an ADT security sticker on his window - lol! This is one deck I truly regret giving away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would give an arm for this deck. If only I had known about it a few years earlier! I got in touch with the people who look over the remainder of the decks but I don't think they are interested in selling them. Which I understand, but still! Go on, tease me for the rest of the week with its gorgeous images.
    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn