Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Would That It Were So

Daily Draw: Songs For The Journey Home ~ 6 of Swords

What an evocative card. What once seemed clear cut and ultimately doable has turned into immense pressure and what was good has seemingly been squeezed out. Yet the geese flowing to the future indicate this too shall be relieved.

One option always available to us is to put things in perspective. Yes I have a giant pain in the (Y) that blocks my smooth progress...but on the other hand this time last year was full late stage hospice care for my father-in-law. Compared to those last six weeks anything in my life that is currently troubling is a piece of cake to deal with. Truly.

"All pressure is self-inflicted. It's what you make of it or how you let it rub off on you." ~ Sebastian Coe 1956-

1 comment:

  1. What a great message and quote. This was me yesterday - worrying and making a huge deal over something. Turned out the boulders in the road were just pebbles after all. All a matter of perspective...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn