Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Intent

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Enigma Tarot ~ Ace of Swords
Dimmi: What are your intentions?

The Swords suit is offered as Air in this deck, and what a wonderful Ace this is, so exemplary of how sometimes our intent for our day is swallowed up in wafting this way and that. If you sat down to draw Air what would it look like?

I'm reminded by this card of my day so far. I was thrown off kilter because blogger was down and my card is my first agenda item every day. My housekeeping intent is to work on a transformation of my office space into meditation/reading/yoga space but I keep finding myself in the kitchen scrubbing at something or other. However this day pans out it won't be as I intended, but it will still be a day in a life well spent.

"Be intent upon the perfection of the present day." ~ William Law 1686-1761

1 comment:

  1. I have intentions... Like wanting to water the houseplants, but as I go to get the watering can I see some socks left on the floor, so I pick them up, and on the way to the laundry room, the cats are meowing for lunch, so I stop to feed them, then think I better go check on the dog's water bowls outside since it's been so hot... I do eventually get things done, just not in the order I intended! :)
    Love the artwork on that card.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn