Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

It Can't Touch Me

Daily Draw: Dürer Tarot ~ 10 of Coins

The usual figure, relaxed and comfortable on his lifetime of efforts, no worries. Except...that repel enemies fence is at least two stories high comparing it to the brick wall, and all his money is tied up in it.

I'm reminded by this card the world is a small place and there are few healthy nations and all the economies are tied to each other. Yes, it can and will touch me, already has. An economy based on printing money is false prosperity.

"Millions of the hard-working, thrifty people found that their life's savings would not buy a postage stamp or a loaf of bread." ~ Germany 1923

1 comment:

  1. He sure does have a "prop your feet up and kick back" stance doesn't he? Funny, but I don't see anyone around him to enjoy/share his wealth with (except the hawk, who I suppose is guarding the money).

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn