Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Kicked To The Curb

Daily Draw: Dürer Tarot ~ 10 of Swords

Ouch...but sometimes it takes this finality to recognize something is over, done, past, finito.

I'm reminded by my own past year, if I'm losing sleep over it, formulating arguments and shout-downs in my mind, saying things that diminish someone just to make myself feel like I've harmed them, repeating the litany of hurts/slights/faults/damage over and over...all that goes right back to my soul staining rage post. Who is being harmed with all this? Only me.
It feels so good to just let go and truly move on, scraping those burrs of 'can't possibly do anything about the past anyway' off the bottom of our shoes. The past is dead and gone. We need to kick that particular corpse to the curb, not pack the stinking thing along with us. If I can do it anyone can...

"What breadth, what beauty and power of human nature and development there must be in a woman to get over all the palisades, all the fences, within which she is held captive!" ~ Aleksandr Ivanovich Herzen 1812-1870

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how time can change your perception of the importance of things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good reminder, Sharyn. I know I have a tendency to hold onto things long past their useful life - like relationships, and food in the fridge :-) As you say, whether it is emotion or anything else we are holding onto, it's rarely helpful.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn