Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Labor Turned Inward

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Enigma Tarot ~ 8 of Coins
Dimmi: Where are your skills needed?

Twenty-two figures of the human form at labor. Even includes one leaning on his shovel, we've all seen that...but there are times we do need to stop and reconnoiter what we've already done, see if we need to alter our methods, and to feed our sense of accomplishment.

I'm reminded by these figures of a nursing class I took this week. It turned out to include a section on my own disease. I thought I knew everything there was to know about it but I was wrong. And I've been depressed ever since. Somewhere deep in my heart I've hoped this one symptom was a medicine side effect that I had a choice over. No chance. No cure. So I'm leaning on my shovel thinking.

"Some people confuse acceptance with apathy, but there's all the difference in the world. Apathy fails to distinguish between what can and what cannot be helped; acceptance makes that distinction. Apathy paralyzes the will-to-action; acceptance frees it by relieving it of impossible burdens." ~ Arthur Gordon 1804-1890

The Da Vinci Enigma Tarot, art drawn from Leonardo Da Vinci's multitude of sketchbooks, companion book by Caitlin Matthews. Published by  St. Martins Press 2005. Suits are Earth Water Air Fire. Each card is titled and includes a Dimmi or a 'tell me' query.

1 comment:

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn