Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

River of Time

Daily Draw: Lord of the Rings Tarot ~ King of Cups

Gimli's father Gloin and Thorin were companions and cohorts back in the mists of time, now Thorin and Gimli connect to work toward another common goal.

I'm reminded by this card of my mother and father's friends and how as an adult I too connected with some of them as equals and friends. One of the beauties of being an adult, the age differences that rule our childhood just drop away.

"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose." ~ Tennessee Williams 1911-1983

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. My mother had me relatively late (28) and yet now I can be friends with some of her friends - and it enriches us all. Thanks for the reminder to honour friendship, whatever guise it takes.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn