Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sanctuary

Daily Draw: Paulina Tarot ~ 4 of Wands

I'm at the farm today looking out my big window at both fresh mown grass surrounded by ancient fir, oak, and cedar, and twenty acres of lush green hay nearly ready for cutting and baling. In this spot no one exists but me. A soft fine spring rain is just beginning which will nurture all.

I'm reminded by this card and view how much I love this place and how unexpectedly it came to be in my hands. Indeed, a sanctuary.

"The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it." ~ John Lubbock 1834-1913

1 comment:

  1. It sounds lovely... Can I come for a visit? Oh wait, I guess that would change the solitude of the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn