Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Acknowledging Gifts

Daily Draw: Druid Animal Oracle ~ Cow

Today's Druids apparently see the Cow as the reminder of nature and the gifts that come to us via the natural world.

I'm reminded by this card, a day of pleasurable work in the garden is better than any sleep aid on the market. A day at the beach can restore a flagging spirit better than a day spent at the mall. A few minutes meditation before a gorgeous vista or single perfect flower is a lifetime mental and physical gift as opposed to a few hours in front of a screen vegging. Our mothers had the right idea when they told us to 'go outside and play'.

"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." ~ John Muir 1838-1914

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE John Muir. Just spent two hours sawing and cleaning up huge limbs that fell when we had a windstorm the other night. Thank goodness for chainsaws. I should sleep like a hibernating bear tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn