Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cowardly Bravery

Daily Draw: Shakespeare Oracle Tarot ~ Chariot

In an era when war was the normal state of affairs, Henry VI could be termed a great and successful king. Could we be termed the same if in our personal life war is the norm?

I'm reminded by this card I've spent my life avoiding conflict by cutting it off before war could blossom. In some circles this is cowardice, I call it awareness with successful communication. Saying Can we talk, or I'm sorry and meaning it is not a poison pill to be avoided at all costs. Nursing a hurt until it assumes Tommyknocker proportions isn't grown-up warring, but the quick way to take all the living out of life.

"The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives." ~ Anthony Robbins 1960-

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if growing up knowing we have "rights" creates this kind of mentality. Having rights can be a good thing if they protect people, but sometimes we just use them to squash others. After all, I have the right to my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn