Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Crone

Daily Draw: Waking The Wild Spirit Tarot ~ High Priestess/Wisewoman

Poppy Palin devotes five pages of the companion book to this card, the Wisewoman, subtitled Dream Weaver. She is part Old Testament god and new age revealer, who acknowledges the ravages of age cause many to turn away without receiving anything at all.

I'm reminded by this card it has probably ever been thus, it isn't just television and print ads that worship the unblemished skin and lithe bodies of youth. Sit down for a few hours conversation with someone over 80, without preconceived judgement, and we will surely learn something we didn't know before.

To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli 1804-1881

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite cards in this deck. I spend most every Sunday with my 90 year old MIL. I've collected some of her memories and stories on several occasions. I regret not doing the the same with my grandmother when she was still alive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this deck. And this card. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn