Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Maiden Mother Crone

Daily Draw: Druid Animal Oracle ~ Bear

The Bear represents our primal power, sovereignty, and intuition combined with instinct. These are also descriptors I might give to the third stage of a woman's life, Crone. Which is a word ill-served, currently defined as thin and old, carrion, cantankerous, witch, evil.

I'm reminded by this card, and all the cards this week that I'm far from a Maiden, never was a birth mother, and am well settled into the Crone stage of my life. The best stage for a woman in my opinion, when we can nurture and cosset ourselves, rather than family and world first. Inside we will always be Maiden and Mother to some extent, but now we can celebrate life on a personal level. Which is probably why in their early 50's so many begin the search for self...so much of our originality and verve has been subdued for so long. Viva la 50's. I wouldn't go back in time for anything, the best is always the now.

"If that's what it took to get me where I'm at today, so be it." ~ Carlos Irwin Estévez 1965-

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that you associate the Crone with the Bear. When I hit fifty, I did feel like I was waking up after a long sleep, coming out into the light...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn