Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Stop Meeting Like This

Daily Draw: Paulina Tarot ~ 8 of Cups

I'm attending a funeral in a little while, not my loss but the that of a client who has asked me to attend as her moral support.

I'm reminded by this figure of the eight hours it took to drive here and how often death and funerals came up on the trip. There is a reason for funerals and it isn't for the dead. They are for the living, for closure, and oddly enough in our culture, for a chance for family to see family. Many times it is the only time they come together.

"We've got to stop meeting like this, people are beginning to talk"

1 comment:

  1. It's very true what you say about funerals being for the living, and I find it wonderful that you are so caringly helping your client.

    It also makes me think, though, about the times when not attending the funeral can also be the right thing for someone to do...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn