Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Unhomed Unsocialized Unloved

Daily Draw: Shakespeare Oracle Tarot ~ 8 of Coins

For two and a half years I've been working daily with two dumped double dapple dachshunds. (back-story here) Adult dogs who as best we can tell had never had any kind of human socialization. It has been a long hard road...but yet

I'm reminded by this card of how Xing-Xing and Xavier impress and surprise me each and every day. When you start at zero breakthroughs are celebrations, each remembered good-boy behavior is head of the class success. Has it taken 8 of coins patience? Oh yes, and some days I dispair...but they also make me proud every day because they had so very far to come.

"Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things - with resignations, yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope." ~ Corazon Aquino 1933-2009

1 comment:

  1. Pets, kids, or husbands... I'm not sure who requires more patience and training. :)
    I loved reading about Xing-xing and Xavier - lucky for them they found someone with a kind and patient heart.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn