Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Forgotten Pearls

Daily Draw: Margarete Petersen Tarot ~ 9 of Cups

I live in a country that has depended on consumerism for a strong economy for the past fifty years. We've kicked sand in the face of what we do have and yearned lusted gone into debt for every pretty toy we laid eyes on.

I'm reminded by this card how proud I am of the real people that make up most of the population here for putting the brakes on widget buying and for the first time in a quarter of a century have begun paying down their consumer debt, and gasp, actually saving some cash. I'll take common sense over a slow economy anytime, and look what pearls we've found under the sand already in our own cupboards and closets! 9 of Cups indeed.

"Contentment is a pearl of great price, and whoever procures it at the expense of ten thousand desires makes a wise and a happy purchase." ~ John Balguy 1686-1748

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how such a simple image can say so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your blog. Like your mix of facts and everyday events :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn