Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Great Expectations

Daily Draw: Anna.K Tarot ~ 3 of Wands

I wonder if it is just my bah humbuggy or if great expectations are the province of youth alone.

I'm reminded by this card I expect absolutely nothing of or from the world outside of myself. On reflection it seems pretty sad but I see no reasons for changing that outlook. I am willing to be surprised...

"The boy who expects every morning to open into a new world finds that today is like yesterday, but he believes tomorrow will be different." ~ Charles Dudley Warner 1829-1900

1 comment:

  1. I used to walk the same area in my neighborhood every morning (a couple of miles), and I would make a game of trying to find something new to notice every morning - a new bird, a footprint dried and preserved in mud, etc. In the world of nature, things change, but in the world of human minds, not so much...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn