Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Voyeur Bullyism

Daily Draw: Ship of Fools Tarot ~ 10 of Swords

Today's bon mot from the 1492 Narrenschiff/Ship of Fools book is more wishful thinking than universal truth. If history has taught us nothing else, we know bullies and meanies breed like flies and have always been with us.

I'm reminded by this card...it is the stander-bys that are worse than the bullies in my mind. But human nature does love it's blood, physical, verbal, or mental. 10 of Swords indeed.

From the Narrenschiff: Of True Friendship
"He who does violence and injustice
To one who has done him no wrong
Earns the ill will of all others." Sebastien Brant 1494

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of a forum bully I just had the not-so-nice occasion to meet. But in this case, I think letting him spew might be better than giving him more fuel for his fire...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn