Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Why Didn't I Think Of That?

Daily Draw: Ship of Fools Tarot ~ 4 of Wands

You know those really great ideas that make you slap your forehead and say 'why didn't I think of that'? When the Narrenschiff (Ship of Fools) was written innovation by the general populace was frowned upon...keep 'em too stupid and cowed to complain was the general idea.

I'm reminded by this card of the worlds general population's resistance to the idea of governmental fiscal responsibility. We are so used to 'spend and wink' financial oversight we don't even recognize how stupid and narrow visioned we are to accept that change is necessary.

From the Narrenschiff: Of Novelties
"He who spreads innovation through the land
Only creates shame and nuisance
And holds the fool by the hand." ~ Sebastian Brant 1494

1 comment:

  1. Between this deck's cards and your posts about them, I think I've been enabled yet again, dear friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn