Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Birthing Ritual

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ 3 of Cups/Rivers

In the companion book Pollack indicates this card represents the menstrual flow (did I mention this is a woman's deck? The first version was titled Shining Woman) and from that goes to rituals that birth, maintain, or grow other parts of our life, and in particular the spiritual side.

This card reminds me I didn't give birth and while some routines can give comfort and direction, rituals seem like trumped up time eaters and get on my last nerve. I wonder if the two are physically or mentally linked as in this card.

"A ritual does not only establish social convention, it establishes acceptance. By taking part in a ritual, the participants tell themselves and others that they are willing to go along with it." ~ Roy Rappaport/Robert J. Chassell

1 comment:

  1. And yet posting a daily blog is also a ritual of sorts... :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn