Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Courage to Allow It


Daily Draw: Native American Tarot ~ Strength

This young brave has one hand against the snout, the other touching the front tearing teeth. I've been training two puppy mill dachshunds for nearly three years and just in the past month have they allowed us to handle their mouth and see their teeth.

I'm reminded by this card, and Xavier and Xing Xing, how much this kind of Strength goes both ways...the courage to do it and the courage to allow it. Again, duality.

"We suffer more from imagination than from reality." ~ Seneca 4 BC-65 AD
I had a wee coyote visit me twice while I was at the farm this week, (or ky-o-te as it is often called here where we call a creek a crick and Washington is Warshington). These hay bales are about 4.5 foot high.

2 comments:

  1. Love the wee coyote picture! I agree that it takes as much strength to be courageous as it does to be vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love that duality, too - not one that always comes up with the Strength card, but very moving.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn