Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Agnostic

Daily Draw: Nefertari's Tarot ~ Strength

Strength can have to do with inner self along with outer self. Strength of convictions or beliefs being examples.

I'm reminded by this card and a lifetime of observation when someone gives up a powerful belief system, that empty spot immediately begins looking for a different belief system to fill it up. So is it a system we seek, or a belief we need, or simply a habit to fall back on in an hour of need?

"After observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha 563-483 BC

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's a system or a belief or a habit, but some of us feel the urge to be a seeker more strongly than others. Have you noticed this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I left the fundamental church I was raised in, I felt in limbo. I immediately started studying other religions and philosophies to fill the void. Twenty years later, I still haven't found a substitute with a label on it, but I am more comfortable with accepting Mystery as it is.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn