Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fortunetelling Smorchingtelling

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ 6 of Coins/Stones
Pollack chooses six tools of divination for this card; clear ball, dice, shells, sticks, runes, plus the human mind. For the first five are pointless and useless without the human mind to reason out the signs and sigils life brings us every day.

I'm reminded by this card what amazing tools our minds truly are. Three dogs staring holes in my hide at 7 AM and ah-ha! Time to feed the animals. Is it divination or common sense? If I roll the chicken bones after dinner is it divination or nonsense? Divination is hard-wired into the human brain; some prefer to name it preplanning or forward thinking or intuition. By any name it seems magic, human capabilities never cease to astound me.

"The tired thirsty prospector threw himself down at the edge of the watering hold and started to drink. But then he looked around and saw skulls and bones everywhere. Uh-oh he thought...this watering hole is reserved for skeletons." ~ Jack Handy 1949-

3 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at all the tools humans have invented to use for divination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is certainly an interesting point! Under pain of death, no one is allowed to feed the cats before noon. I don't need yowlers waking me up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Lon Milo DuQuettes The Book of ordinary oracles a while back and loved it. People started foretell future as soon as we got a language I think. Like watching birds fly, my grand father did that all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn