Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Path Of The Inner Emperor

Daily Draw: iTongo Tarot ~ Emperor

The Vision Quest for this stunning major is: To be independent and pioneering; Know where the authority in your life is; How are you establishing structure in your life.
This card led me to explore the Elephant Hall at Letaba Rest Camp. The ecosystems where these great creatures roam is often dependent upon elephant excrement for its continued survival. The seeds of at least one-third of the West African forests must pass through these mammal digestive tracts in order to germinate.

This card reminds me that my Emperor side didn't just come out the birth canal fully formed. Just about everything I am that can claim to be of Emperor quality had to be digested and often redigested before morphing into stability, wisdom, and power.

"Happiness for me is largely a matter of digestion." ~ Lin Yutang 1895-1976

2 comments:

  1. What a great card for the Emperor. Elephants are so strong and powerful, yet they can be gentle as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'd never heard that about the seeds before - really makes you think! And I love your point about having to digest what we're given (or sometimes spit it out if it doesn't suit us) before being able to incorporate it in a useful way. Lovely post, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn