Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

See Hear Touch Speak

Daily Draw: Shining Tribe Tarot ~ King of Coins/Speaker of Stones

I'm on a roll with courts these days...probably because I have some family issues that need to be sorted out. All in good time, and time gives me the option of thinking things through. I participated in a rune reading circle this week and my reading gave me a new viewpoint and clarity. That is always a good thing.

I'm reminded by this Speaker of Stones and Rachel Pollack's words:
"See what there is to see.
Hear what there is to hear.
Touch whatever you touch.
Speak the thing you must speak."
In other words we often get things so balled up in our mind, they really don't have much to do with reality...and if we can't address the reality of the problem, there won't be a solution.

I'm using the Shining Tribe (revised edition) deck this week, art and 330 page companion book by Rachel Pollack. Published by Llewellyn Worldwide 2001. The first edition was titled Shining Woman. Although still easily found, Shining Tribe isn't listed in Llewellyn's current catalog so it is likely out of print now.

The suits are elements: Trees/Wands, Rivers/Cups, Birds/Swords, and Stones/Coins.
The courts have been changed to Vision Cards: Place, Knower, Gift, Speaker, and refer to the readers or querents journey. Place enters the suit, Knower understands the suit, Gift is able to use the suit, Speaker shares the suit.
A few of the majors have been renamed: Hierophant/Tradition, Wheel/Spiral, Judgment/Awakening, World/Shining Woman.
For my own ease of searching my blog, as always, the suits follow the titles Swords/Cups/Wands/Coins

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to objectively see, hear, touch, and smell when it comes to family issues. It's difficult not to drag past experiences into the present.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn