Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Step Back

Daily Draw: Nefertari's Tarot ~ King of Cups

This King is shown as he is often accused...detached. Can advise on love and creative endeavors, has a deep understanding, but involved himself? Hardly.

I'm reminded by this card how helpful it would be if we could step back from those people and situations that seem to engulf us, good or bad. Even the people and things we love can drown us and cloud our judgment if we remain too close to the subject. A soupçon of detachment is a good thing.

"We can learn from John Dillinger's Oriental wisdom and his preaching of a Zen-like detachment, as exemplified by his constant reminder to clerks, tellers, or others who grew excited by his presence in their banks: "Just lie down on the floor and keep calm"." ~ Robert Anton Wilson 1932-2007

1 comment:

  1. Sharyn,

    This is a great message. I definitely need help in this area as I often find myself drowning in emotions, people and situations. In the end, none of it matters as much as we made it out to, I don't think!

    Thanks!
    MM

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn