Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

By Choice or By Nature

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Four Winds ~ Whitebait

The New Zealand whitebait are tiny fish who lay their eggs in fresh water streams which are swept out to sea where they are born, and wait until nature calls them home to the stream once again.

I'm reminded by this card of how good it feels to be committed to something, either by choice or by nature. How surprising almost, to find we have a natural instinct or talent that unerringly moves us along. My personal school or tribe are quilters...what is yours?

"Step into your river
Accept its cooling flow
Open to the dream
And with the waters go." ~ Barry Brailsford


3 comments:

  1. Sharyn,
    I found Quirkeries through Mary Greer's Blog and I feel like I just opened a treasure chest. My personal tribe are healers and artists, but I never thought of it like that. I love how you are so open to so many decks, too.
    Thank you for the inspiration,
    Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, healer tribe, lovely!
    thanks for stopping by Jeri,
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning :) Can I say the sight of whitebait makes me homesick?!! A kiwi favourite are whitebait fritters - or at least, used to be in the days when there were plenty.

    My tribe hmmmm the tarot community, mixed in with some astro and yoga practitioners. And those dedicated people who work on community gardens and share the wisdom of gardening, heirloom seeds and organic practices. Is that a lot? I guess I feel closest to the tarot community, but everything else intermingles with that. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn